Saturday, February 07, 2009

Nostalgic

I don't know why, but I've been feeling very nostalgic about high school the last couple of days. I've gone so far as to create a group page on Facebook for my high school class.

Despite the fact that high school was a living . . . well, to quote Joss Whedon, "my high school years were not all terrible. There was that one Thursday . . ." I think as teenagers we become so wrapped up in the world we create for ourselves that, naturally, we do think the world revolves around us. Because someone else might not fit our idealized world-view, we exclude them from our group. When something doesn't go according to plan, it's always someone else's fault.

Then again, I know quite a few adults who still have that perspective.

Despite all of the drama, overall, high school was a good experience. It's good to look back and see how far we've all come.

No comments: