On Facebook, several of my friends have posted 25 things about themselves. I decided to follow their example, and have now posted mine.
1. If I could have one superpower, it would be to fly.
2. While I usually tell people my favorite movie is either Star Wars or Beauty and the Beast, it's really To Kill A Mockingbird.
3. I have every studio album by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
4. After learning auditions would be held in a nearby town, I tried to get a part as an extra in "Masters of the Universe." Unfortunately, they didn't need any, and decided to film in a different state.
5. I worked as a photographer for a year and a half for a local TV station.
6. I know that my best friend is always looking out for me.
7. For a sixth grade project, I made a short movie based on an Encyclopedia Brown story. I've wanted to be involved with film ever since.
8. I miss my family. It's been great having my brother and his wife nearby for these last few months.
9. My favorite thing to do at Disneyland is to sit near the hub and people watch.
10. I love to sing, but haven't done it on a consistent basis since high school.
11. I get too wrapped up emotionally in RPG video games.
12. I still can't believe I found someone who loves me as much as I love her, even after (almost) six years of marriage.
13. I graduated with a degree in education and hope to use it someday.
14. I enjoy playing Guitar Hero - that was the last game I thought I would like.
15. Nothing beats the smell of a field of spearmint after a summer rain.
16. I am impressed by the lives my brothers and sisters have led.
17. My 100 pound sister-in-law is the strongest person I know.
18. The last good book I read was "Night Watch" by Terry Pratchett.
19. I've never really been into sports, but will support my hometown team when they go to the Super Bowl (go Cards!)
20. My current favorite music artist is the late Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
21. Joss Whedon is my master now.
22. After buying my first DVD player in 1998, I hid it from my family, worried they would give me a lecture about using my money wisely.
23. I miss the camaraderie of my Ricks and BYU singles wards and the ward activities we had.
24. I don't feel I should be as old as I am.
25. I almost died 4 years ago, and know that it was only through the power of prayer and faith that I am here today.
The Columbia, February 1961 - Happy Memorial Day! I love this first shot of the Columbia on the Rivers of America - it has just set sail - with no sails! Maybe all of those colorful nau...
4 hours ago