Monday, May 05, 2008

Shaved Ice!

With the onset of early summer in Phoenix, it's never too early to start thinking about how you're going to cool down. Christmas of 2006, my parents gave me a shaved ice machine, designed to fill 2 snow cones at once. I've since figured out how to manipulate it to fill up a bowl and then dish it out, complete with syrup, as needed. Both Walmart and Target sell shaved ice syrup, but I've found a local water and ice store that will mix up their own concoctions for you at 10 cents an ounce. My latest finds from them have been pink bubble gum, black cherry, and dreamsicle. Mckenna has certainly enjoyed them!

1 comment:

Cami said...

send some my way! We could use that for the upcoming birthday party for Caleb as you know! Just kidding!!! Sounds good anyway. Might have to go to Wal-Mart and get myself one.