Friday, March 28, 2008

Tired and feeling a little flat.

Lately, my days have been long and the nights extremely short. After putting Mckenna to bed and settling down little Adrian for the night, it's about 10:30 and I can't fall asleep easily. It's been rough this week as my schedule has me up at 4:30 to be to work by 6 (I used to work this schedule, but I've been off of it for almost a month and I'm having a hard time readjusting). To complicate matters, Haily's current shift has her working until almost midnight. Last night Haily called around 11:45, concerned that one of the tires looked a little low. She said that there was air in the tire - the rims weren't in any immediate danger. She felt that she could drive home without a problem and I stayed up with her on the phone and talked with her as she made her way home. She didn't get home until close to 12:30 and we didn't get settled in until close to 1. Then, of course, my alarm goes off way too soon, and I'm back up and getting ready for work. When I went outside, I looked at the tire - it was almost completely flat! Somewhere, we ran across a screw that got stuck in the tire. I ended up late for work, but I knew we couldn't leave the tire on in that condition.

Haily was able to get the tire in to be fixed, and there isn't any damage - she said it wasn't that flat when she got home, so overnight it must have deflated. Hopefully, that's the most exciting thing that will happen this weekend, and I can look forward to a relaxing couple of days.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Hi,

Congrats on getting the tire fixed. Don't have the same prob I had when my tire went flat on the freeway and had to get a whole new tire on my brand new car. sheesh! Hope everything is going good. Sure wish you would come to Vegas and see us sometimes. If you want, you can let McKenna come and stay with me (You let her go to Idaho forever), so why not let her come and stay with me? Ha Ha! I miss her and Adrian too! ttfn! (ta ta for now)

Anonymous said...

I hope that things have gooten normal for you all and that sleep has come for you.